Marble may be a durable stone, but you still must treat it with care, as poor maintenance or handling of the stone could make it more likely to break. Therefore, any homeowner who has marble floors must know the best ways to clean, polish and refinish those floors to keep the marble looking like it’s brand new.
Here are some things you should know about polishing your mobile floors, from a company specializing in marble restoration in Las Vegas, NV:
- Mopping: You should never use a mom that’s completely drenched to wipe up spills. Water from the mop could get stuck in between the marble tiles. Instead, wring the mop out—it should be damp, not sopping wet. Also keep in mind that marble is permeable, especiallyif it hasn’t been sealed, so you should make sure to clean up spills from liquids such as coffee or wine as quickly as possible, or else risk permanent discoloration.
- Solvents: Never clean your marble floors with cleaning products you purchase from stores—these products are likely to contain acids and chemicals that are detrimental to the structure of the stone. Instead, use distilled or deionized water with a neutral stone soap or mild detergent. This will prevent abrasion and stains while also prolongingthe life of the stone.
- Sealing: Never leave marble untreated after its installation—this will make it much more likely to be damaged or blemished. You should make it a point to seal your marble as soon as possible after it’s set into the floor. Not only will this make the floor more attractive, but it will also protect the marble from the staining or other forms of damage caused by spills. You should follow the instructions found on a good-quality sealant you use to determine how frequently you need to reseal your marble. Usually it’ll be every three to six years, depending on the type of stone and sealant.
- Polishing: Too many people put off or completely neglect polishing their marble floors. Despite what you have heard, this is a necessary part of marble floor maintenance. Of course, you should beware of over-polishing, which also can cause some damage to the stone. But following a good polishing routine can protect marble from stains and spills, enhance the appearance of the stone and generally keep your floor lasting for a longer period of time.
- General maintenance: As a general rule, you should be proactive about your marble maintenance. If you notice a spill or a scratch, address the issue as soon as possible. Marble gets stained quickly, so always be vigilant about spills and clean them up right away.
These are just a few issues you should know about regarding marble cleaning and marble restoration in Las Vegas, NV. To learn more about these issues or the services we provide to all homeowners with marble floors, we encourage you to contact Ultimate Finish Stone Tile & Grout Inc. today. We look forward to assisting you!
Categorised in: marble surface